For heating and simultaneous supply of the heat carrier to the consumer in heating systems and hot water, shell-and-tube installations are installed at city CHPs and small boiler houses. However, even large-sized units are not always able to provide the required level of consumption of both components. Manufacturers of heating equipment propose to install plate heat exchangers at the points of distribution of such consumer products to effectively solve this issue.
For a specific boiler, a heat exchanger for heating is assembled from plates made of stainless special alloys and rubber gaskets installed between them. The production of the main structural components of such a device is carried out by stamping. This technology makes it possible to obtain plates with a corrugated surface. The grooves, located symmetrically or not, can significantly increase the contact area of the coolant with the heated medium.
Plate heat exchanger manufacturers carry out two types of corrugation:
- Tough. The ribs located at an angle of 30 0 give the plates not only good rigidity, but also maximum thermal conductivity. But they do not withstand the high pressure generated by the circulating coolant poorly.
- Soft. The grooves formed at an angle of 60 0 make it possible to withstand even an increased head of the displaced fluid flow, however, the plates in this case acquire low thermal conductivity.
Considering these parameters, a plate heat exchanger for heating is assembled from plates with various grooves. This makes it possible to provide both the most optimal efficiency and a good turbulent flow regime.
The tightness of the channels is achieved by installing rubber seals around the perimeter of the plates. For free movement of the coolant, two holes are provided on each component of the structure.
Principle of operation
Channel recesses with a complex shape are made on the heat exchanger plates. Moving along them, a cold coolant, taking heat through the walls of the device, heats up to a given temperature. Due to the special configuration of the channels, the flow moves along them with good turbulent vortex. This makes it possible to transfer heat energy with high intensity.
Types of plate heat exchangers
According to the principle of operation, the heat exchanger for the boiler is produced in several versions:
- One-way design. The circulation of the fluid flow throughout the system is carried out in one direction.
- Two-way plate heat exchanger. In this design, the heating medium and the coolant move in the opposite direction. It is used as a standard for small liquid differences.
- Double-circuit plate heat exchanger. Its main feature is the presence of two independent contours located on both sides of the product. Most efficient design.
You can also buy a plate heat exchanger from the Group of Companies “EPG-KOLVI”:
- Collapsible. They are very popular in domestic hot water systems and industry. This demand is justified not only by the simplicity of maintenance and repair, but also by easy power adjustment.
- Brazed. This is a one-piece heat exchanger with rigidly connected plates.
- In centralized heating and hot water supply systems.
- In the metallurgical and mechanical engineering industries for cooling a variety of industrial process equipment.
- In the food industry, to lower the storage and processing temperature of certain raw materials, semi-finished products and products.
- In the oil refining industry for cooling oil products.
- And in many other areas of human activity.
Advantages and disadvantages
- efficient supply of heat energy is ensured;
- characterized by compact size and low weight;
- the presence of a high turbulent flow, automatic self-cleaning of the structure is carried out;
- you can easily assemble a plate heat exchanger of a gas boiler of the required power;
- are highly reliable;
- can be easily mounted in the required place;
- easy to maintain and repair;
- easy regulation of the temperature regime of the flows is provided.
With so many advantages, a heat exchanger in a furnace or boiler also has disadvantages. These include the need to use only good quality coolant. And it is also required to do grounding.